Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My New Year Resolution Led Me to a Dream Come True.

So....I know it has been a while since I last blogged, but I am still finding 'new' things to try each and everyday.  Over the past eight and a half months I have tried anything 'new' that crossed my path.  It has kinda become a habitual thing in my life now and I am very happy about that.  Through my New Year 2011 resolution to try one new thing each day, I have learned to go with the flow and enjoy the ride.  When a new door opens, I walk through it, and I am always thrilled as to what is waiting for me on the other side.  It may not always be chocolate and roses, but it always is something that I can learn from, grow from, or just simply have fun with.  My BIGGEST 'new' thing first appeared back in April.  A friend of mine heard about my New Years Resolution and suggested that I film  myself trying some of my 'new' things and post it on my blog.  HA!  My first response was LOL...Hell NO!  Then my friend politely reminded me that filming my new adventures would be something 'new' in of itself.  Well, who am I to argue with such logic? I decided to up the ante.  I decided not to just film myself, but use the footage to create a show. I have always wanted to try producing, but never really had the guts or the self confidence.  Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "We must do the things that we think we can not do".  So....bada-bing...I became a producer.  I am officially producing my first webseries, which is like a TV series, but shown on the internet.  My show is called "Learn it in an Hour".  Each episode will run between 5 and 7 minutes.  In each episode I have one hour, to learn one new skill, and then I have to entertain my viewers with my 'new' found skill.  LOL....go ahead, laugh....there is definitely some humor there.  There is also a lot of 'try', a lot of putting myself out there, lots of doing what I never thought I could, a few embarrassing moments, and lots of FUN!!!!  Each episode I have a co-host join me in learning something new.  In the first couple episodes one of my girlfriends joins me for a little moral-support.  In the final episodes, a couple of our show's FaceBook fans join me.  It has been an incredible journey.  I am happy to announce that our first season (five episodes) is almost completed and my show "Learn it in an Hour" will be premiering on the web the first part of Oct.!!!!  I sincerely hope you will tune in.  I know you will LOVE it!!!  I do. :)

I plan on blogging about my journey of producing my first project.  It is a project close to my heart, because it is based on a choice I made on Jan. 1, 2011 that has changed my life in a WONDERFUL way.  WOW....making a simple choice to try one new thing a day, eventually led me to living out one of my life long dreams....producing my own project.  Not to shabby, huh?




Below is the link to the teaser trailer for the show.  Check it out.  Be sure to stay tuned, my webseries will be coming to a computer near you very very soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMmK6pIpDVc

Also...Please visit our FaceBook page for the show and click 'Like'.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Leslie-Melinda-Learn-it-in-an-Hour/221570674552137

I can NOT wait to share this special journey with you!!  I hope you all are well and I wish you many 'new' blessings.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment